Right before the COVID outbreak, I had the opportunity to travel and I came across a brand named Farmaesthetics.
I was instantly intrigued as all their products looked organic and I just loved the aesthetic. Simple yet classy!
I was so excited to try this mask out but decided to wait until I got back home and the results were surprising.
Keep reading to find out if the Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex is worth the purchase!
Farmaesthetics is a natural luxury skin care brand whose products are all 100% natural.
It was founded by Brenda Brock, who made her skin care products available in the summer of 1999 at an organic farmstand in rural Rhode Island.
The brand is committed to sustainable beauty, as a result, they utilize certified organic herbs, flowers, oils and grains.
The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex
The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex is a 100% natural, talc-free, petroleum-free, artificial preservatives-free, synthetic fragrances-free and dyes-free mask.
This mask restores, supports and maintains moisture in the skin while getting rid of excess oil and boosting the skin’s defense mechanisms.
The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex won “Best 5-Minute Complexion Makeover”, which I can say is very accurate.
The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex comes in a very simple but cute packaging, it almost feels like you're getting the mask straight from the farm.
I love that their skin care products are made in small volumes to ensure the consumer uses them at their freshest and most potent.
The mask comes in a cylindrical shaped container with 2 OZ which is a bit expensive but it does last awhile and I believe its thanks to its consistency; you don't need much to cover your entire neck and face.
The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex is a light herbal green color with a subtle herbal scent which is very pleasing.
It's very lightweight and has a soft slippery mousse consistency.
Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a skin care spatula, I always recommend you use one to avoid contaminating your skin care products.
Go for reusable silicone skin care spatulas because they apply product evenly and, unlike plastic skin care spatulas, are very easy to clean.
The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex restores, supports and maintains the skin.
What makes this mask so great are its natural ingredients:
Shea Butter (Organic)
- It has anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
- Moisturizes the skin.
- Treats blemishes and acne.
- Conditions, tones, soothes and softens the skin.
- It's a humectant, meaning, it attracts water.
- It's a natural exfoliator to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Hydrates, protects, soothes and calms the skin.
Soybean Oil (Organic)
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Retains moisture in the skin.
- Protects against skin damage.
- Promotes skin health.
- It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties.
- Protects the skin against damage and reliefs inflammation.
- Tightens pores and reduces acne because it cleanses the skin of excess oil.
- It boosts the production of collagen in the skin.
- Speeds up cell regeneration in the skin.
- It exfoliates to brighten, smooth, even and firm the skin,
- Reduces the appearance fine lines and wrinkles.
- It has antimicrobial properties to reduce swelling.
- Heals the skin by treating redness and acne.
- It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Exfoliates the skin to remove dirt and oil from the pores
- Soaks up excess sebum to treat acne.
- Promote healthy skin by detoxifying and rejuvenating the skin.
- It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Retains moisture in the skin.
- Boosts the skins healing process.
- Locks moisture into the skin which softens, smoothes, and soothes the skin.
- Soothes inflamed and wounded in the skin.
- Protects against skin irritants and infection.
Peppermint Essential Oil
- It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- Cleanses and soothes irritation and inflammation in the skin.
Lavender Essential Oil
- It has antibacterial properties.
- Gently moisturizes the skin.
- Lessens acne and lightens the skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
This mask is made of a 100% natural ingredients, meaning, it's made of ingredients available in nature.
As a result, you're not submitting your skin to harsh chemicals that can cause breakouts, skin irritation, premature wrinkles and future health problems.
In addition to this, it's suited for all skin conditions including rosacea, acne, dehydrated, over exposed, mature, weathered and sun damaged skin.
This mask is great for anyone with troubled skin because it's extremely gentle on the skin and very easy to apply.
My Experience With The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex
I have oily skin which means that my sebaceous glands are genetically predisposed to over produce sebum.
That's why I find it really hard to find masks that hydrate but not only that, it’s harder to find masks that will hydrate and not clog my pores.
Avoiding contamination, specially with COVID still being around, is crucial and that’s why I use a reusable silicone skin care spatula to apply masks.
The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex has a very soft and slippery consistency which makes it easy to apply and spread evenly on the neck and face.
I experienced disbelief after using the mask because my complexion looked dull but right after washing it off, I immediately felt my skin hydrated, calmed and soothed without it being stripped away from all its natural skin oils.
I wasn’t expecting this mask to reduce excess oil from my skin, although it says it does, and just like I expected it didn’t; perhaps, if I consistently use it I would experience sebum reduction.
Thankfully, it didn’t clog my pores nor it tighten up or dry out my skin, instead it felt very lightweight (almost like I wasn't even wearing the mask) and soothing.
The formula is so gentle and smooth that even sensitive skin types would love it, you can leave the mask on for as long as you want and it won't cause any discomfort.
When trying new skin care products, remember to patch test to avoid an allergic reaction.
The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex has some ingredients to watch out for.
Natural Beeswax, Witch Hazel, Vegetable Glycerin and Peppermint Essential Oil are all safe ingredients, however, in some cases when applied directly to the skin it can cause an allergic reaction.
L-arginine in high doses can have severe side effects, but in moderate doses it's considered safe.
There hasn't been too many studies done on Chlorophyll and their safety and risks but it's considered a skin sensitizer.
This mask doesn't reduce excess sebum and gives an oily like finish once the mask is rinsed; some people might not like the feeling.
If you are sensitive to smells, the smell of the mask (although very pleasant) might not sit well with you, it's difficult to rinse and for 2 OZ it's expensive.
Why Should You Use The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex?
You should use the Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex because it restores, supports and maintains the proper levels of moisture in the skin while eliminating excess oil.
It also reduces inflammation and redness by boosting the skin’s defense mechanisms and restores sunburned, over exposed and inflamed skin to its natural state of balance.
Last but not least, it's very gentle on the skin.
When Should You Use The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex?
You should use the Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex when your skin is inflamed, irritated or imbalanced.
How Should You Use The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex?
After cleansing your skin, with a skin care spatula apply a thin but even layer of the Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex mask into your skin from the neck up.
For best results, wait 5-10 minutes then gently rinse it off with warm water followed by a serum and moisturizer.
- Use in the morning or evening no more than 1-3 times per week.
- Keep the mask in the fridge for a cool calming effect.
Precautions Before Using The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex
Precautions to take into consideration before using the Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex are:
- Avoid using it on irritated or inflamed skin.
- Stop using if signs of irritation or allergies appear.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- It’s recommended to patch test.
The Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex is so lightweight, creamy and smooth which makes it easy to apply but difficult to remove.
It comes in a 2 OZ container which is expensive for the price but if used well it can definitely last quite some time.
This mask has natural ingredients that are not only very gentle but tackle several skin issues, so even if you have sensitive skin, this mask will not irritate your skin.
I wouldn't use this mask as a moisturizing treatment alone but would pair it with a moisturizer for optimum results.
I recommend the Farmaesthetics Herbal Hydration Complex if you're looking for a mask that hydrates, calms, soothes and boosts the skin without tightening and over drying the skin.
REMOVING EXCESS SEBUM
BOOSTING THE SKIN
Have you tried natural face masks? Which one do you recommend? Let me know in the comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Farmaesthetics is cruelty-free.
You can buy Farmaesthetics products from spas, retailers or online.