This post is a review about the Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask.
Today’s review is a special one because the Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask was one of the first Korean masks I tried.
Back in 2015, I had the opportunity to order a few Korean skin care products online and I was very eagered to try this one out.
Whilst trying the Korean products, I tapped into a whole new skin care world I was unaware off.
Naturally, I wanted to know more about Korean skin care so I researched.
It turns out that, Korean culture emphasizes on not only doing your best but also looking your best and they go to extreme lengths to do so (sometimes so far as to have plastic surgery).
Both genders are taught at a very young age the correct techniques and routines to take care of their skin.
As a result, their approach to skin care is different, they focus on prevention and treating the root of the skin problem.
Their efforts for beautiful skin are consistent because they believe that you can be in control of your skin with time and effort. Which I definitely agree on!
In 2009, Lab & Company Inc. the founder of CHICA Y CHICO and I'M FROM launched "SKIN&LAB", a Korean skin care brand.
The brand focuses on developing dermatologist approved hypoallergenic skin care products from natural ingredients for all skin types.
They are constantly studying, researching and developing skin care products that yield results.
The Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask
The Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask is a cruelty-free, silicon-free, steroid-free and artificial fragrance-free mask suitable for all skin types.
It's made of Canadian glacier clay and oatmeal which absorb sebum from deep inside the pores.
While, tea tree with its cooling effect lowers the temperature of the skin to help calm and soothe the skin.
The Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask is recommended for:
- Acne-prone skin with low levels of hydration.
- Excessive sebum production.
- Wide-open pores.
- Congested pores in the form of blackheads and whiteheads.
Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask in 3Cs Step Pore Care System
Step 1 - Deep Pore Cleansing
- Absorbs excess sebum and eliminates dead skin cells.
Step 2 - Pore Tightening
- Contracts open pores and firms pore walls to recover healthy pore structure.
Step 3 - Rejuvenating, Nourishing and Protecting
- Hydrates and delivers anti-bacterial activators in the skin to protect it.
The package was very simple looking yet very beautifully designed which is what caught my attention initially.
I noticed that the brand has since updated the design of the package, however, the packaging of the product still remains beautiful despite its simplicity.
I love that it comes with a mini skincare spatula which should be used. Otherwise, you’ll end up contaminating the product with bacteria, dirt and impurities.
Upon opening the clay mask, I could immediately smell the fragrance which was a subtle herbal scent; very pleasing to the nose and skin.
If you love using clay masks the good news is that this one comes with a lot of product so it will last you a while so you definitely get your money's worth!
This clay mask contains ingredients that provide the skin with so many benefits:
Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour
- Contains saponins, a natural cleanser compound that helps clean pores by removing oil and dirt and exfoliating the skin.
- Treats acne by soaking up excess oil.
- Nourishes with lipids and moisturizes with carbohydrates the skin.
- Has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Exfoliates dead skin cells.
- Absorbs excess sebum, dirt and impurities from the skin.
- Restores damaged skin.
- Has skin soothing properties to calm inflamed or irritated skin.
- Cleanses the skin by absorbing sebum, dirt and impurities from the skin.
- Exfoliates, brightens, softens, tones and tightens the skin.
- Evens skin tone and restores damaged skin.
- Has calming effects on breakouts.
Canadian Glacial Clay
- Exfoliates dead skin cells.
- Absorbs sebum and reduces pore size.
- Balances the skins pH.
- Hydrates and restores the skin.
- Detoxifies the skin by removing toxins and bacteria from the skin.
- Improves the tone and texture of the skin.
- Tones and tightens the skin.
- Speeds up the skins healing phase due to an increase of blood circulation.
- Protects and renews the skin.
- Remove dirt, impurities and bacteria from the surface of the skin.
- Locks and seals in moisture for the skin.
- Protects the skin by acting like a protective barrier.
Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
- Protects the skin's natural barrier.
- Prevents water loss from the skin.
- Supports the skin’s protective barrier.
- Cleanses excess sebum and dirt from the skin.
- Reduces and relieves inflamed skin.
- Soothes and reduces redness and swelling.
- Promotes healing.
- Has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal properties.
Portulaca Oleracea (Green Purslane) Extract
- Fights free radicals to prevent DNA damage and skin cell death.
- Brightens skin tone.
- Reduces skin damage caused by UV.
- Inhibits tyrosinase.
- Prevents melanin synthesis.
- Relieve facial redness by shrinking skin capillaries.
- Relieves inflamed and itchy skin.
- Has anti-allergic, anti-inflammation and anti-oxidation properties.
Glyceryl Stearate SE
- Creates a protective barrier on the skin's surface which helps retain hydration and prevents moisture loss.
- Helps skin cells mature correctly.
- Mimics the skin's natural moisturizing factor.
- Boosts skin hydration and moisture.
- Increases hyaluronic acid production in the skin.
- Calms stressed skin.
- Exfoliates dead skin cells.
- Promotes cell turnover, collagen synthesis and healing.
- Prevents transepidermal water loss allowing skin cells to retain water.
- Moisturizes the skin.
- Soothes injured skin
- Has calming effects on the skin.
Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
- Filters UV rays.
My Experience With Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask
I have oily skin which means that my sebaceous glands are genetically predisposed to overproduce sebum which clogs pores causing breakouts.
When I applied this clay mask, it didn't irritate my skin because the texture is very soft and it's easy to spread.
Before using this mask, my pores where very congested and my complexion looked dull.
Right after applying the mask, I immediately felt the cooling effect which helped calm and soothe my skin.
As the mask dried, I could feel my skin tightening while all sebum, impurities and toxins where being drawn out of my pores without over drying my skin.
After using the clay mask, my skin felt clean and smooth because it didn't strip away all the natural oils from my skin.
This mask is said to be suited for all skin types, although, the mask was very soothing for me I have read that some people with sensitive skin haven't responded well.
If you have sensitive skin, I suggest you do a patch test before applying it on your face to avoid unnecessary allergies or irritations.
The Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask didn't hydrate my skin at all so if you're looking for a mask to solely hydrate your skin, there are better options out there.
As for my whiteheads, I didn't see an instant difference which was a bit disappointing; perhaps if I incorporate it weekly into my skin care routine I would.
The cooling effect doesn't last long, if left more than 15 minutes it will start to itch intensely and washing it off is hard.
Why Should You Use The Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask?
You should use the Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask because it contains ingredients that provide the skin with so many benefits; unlike other clay masks.
It detoxifies and purifies the skin by absorbing excess sebum and drawing out impurities, dirt and possible bacteria that can clog the pores.
Oxygenates skin cells by allowing more room for oxygen to boost circulation, stimulate cell turnover, repair and regenerate collagen and elastin and promotes healing.
Promotes softer and smoother skin by removing dead skin cells, bacteria and debris, reducing inflammation and providing the skin with silica.
This clay mask detoxifies, cleanses, purifies, exfoliates and beautifies the skin without any side effects.
When Should You Use The Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask?
You should use the Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask when your skin is congested and looks dull; it can be used either AM or PM.
- This clay mask should be use no more than 2 to 3 times per week and worn no more than 15 minutes.
How Should You Use The Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask?
Follow your usual skin care routine, after cleansing, with the mini skincare spatula apply an even thin layer of the Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask all over your face; avoid the eye area.
Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
Special Care On Targeted Area
You don't have to use it all over your face, you can use it on problematic areas only.
Special Body Care
You can use this clay mask on the body to treat acne-prone areas like the chest or back.
- Keep the clay mask in the fridge for a more cool calming effect.
- Do not leave the lid open after use; it easily dries up.
Precautions Before Using The Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask
Precautions to take into consideration before using the Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask are:
- Avoid using it on sensitive skin around the eyes, mouth and scars.
- Apply sunscreen with SPF15 or higher if you'll use it in the morning.
- Do not use with exfoliants; both physical and chemical.
- Use it no more than 2 to 3 times a week if you have very sensitive skin.
Can You Use The Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask Everyday?
It is recommended that people with oily skin use the mask up to 2 to 3 times per week, while, people with dry to normal skin use the mask up to 1 to 2 times per week.
I love the Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask because it provides the skin with so many benefits.
If you're someone who is in need of intense pore care because of sebum overproduction, impurities, dirt or possible bacteria that could clog the pores then this mask is just what you need.
It's also great for redness and swelling reduction to help calm and soothe the skin without overdrying it.
As someone who is constantly battling with her skin, specially with continued clogged pores I recommend the Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask!
Have you tried clay masks before? Have they helped you? Drop your comment below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Dr. Pore Tightening Glacial Clay Mask is cruelty-free.
No, clay masks absorb excess sebum production, impurities, dirt or possible bacteria that could clog the pores and draws it to the surface of the skin.
No, clay masks shouldn't be used everyday because it can over dry your skin which can cause an adverse affect. Depending on your skin type, clay masks shouldn't be used more than 2 to 3 times per week.